Friday 27 May 2016

Ready to MOKRUN?

It's that time of year again - MOKRUN time!!  A hugely different experience for me this year - the 11th year of the event but my first not organising.  It feels incredibly strange not be in the thick of it but I am happy as the committee are hard working and organised, race packs are out and the flags are already flying!  It takes a LOT of work putting on such an event so well done to all of them for getting it ready for this weekend.  It's exciting! 

This is the first year for me to get the opportunity to run the 1/2 marathon route.  And I still am, I hope if my leg can hold up until Sunday. Personally for me I don't think the course suits me so it's definitely not a PB course for me anyway (my PB is 1.41 and atm I'd be lucky to get 2 hours!) but I'm still a bit annoyed I'm injured and can't give it my best shot.  I'm going to settle for just taking it as a good steady long run and try to enjoy every aspect of it.  Lots of my running buddies, locals and friends are taking part so it will be a great occasion.  My husband is back running, not at his best just yet due to injury but he's getting there.  I wish I could be there to see him race it - I think it will be an exciting race!  

Whatever your goals are for this year's MOKRUN - go and enjoy it!  Good luck to everyone taking part, organising, helping or marshalling, it's the community support it that makes it such a great event.  GOOD LUCK!  Enjoy the danish pastries :-)

Turning up the cutting last year in the MOKRUN 10k.  No cutting this year - 10k is going up the hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment